- Why purchase our Service Protection Plans over the competition?
- Do I need pre-authorization to begin a claim repair?
- What do I do if I have a “technical” question?
- Is there a claim limit?
- Can I get a quote on a machine that is not listed in the on-line quote system?
- What types of equipment are eligible for service protection?
- What is covered under a Service Protection Plan?
- When is an oil analysis required?
- Can I sell service protection after the equipment is sold and delivered to the client?
- Can a service plan be transferred?
- Can a service plan be cancelled?
Why purchase our Service Protection Plans over the competition?
It’s the little details that make our service protection plans stand out from the competition. Where else can you get truly unique coverage options like: Used, Timed Out, Extend the Extended and Travel Time & Mileage. Robust options providing comprehensive coverage on new and used commercial construction, lift, forestry and agricultural equipment, all from one Canadian source. PLUS, the service warranty products we distribute are protected under Canadian Legislation.
Do I need pre-authorization to begin a claim repair?
Claims are NOT pre-authorized, however, Dealers may contact Protection Point for access to a technical consultant if they wish to discuss a repair prior to beginning. This is strongly advised if the estimated repair of the component is 75% or more of the replacement cost of the entire assembly. Call 1-888-952-5511.
What do I do if I have a “technical” question?
Call 1-888-952-5511 or email us
Is there a claim limit?
Yes, please refer to the actual warranty document to confirm the coverage amounts. If you need a copy of the document call 1-888-952-5511 or email us.
Can I get a quote on a machine that is not listed in the on-line quote system?
Absolutely: call us at 604-952-5511 or 1-888-952-5511.
What types of equipment are eligible for service protection?
Most brands of new or used construction, lift & agricultural equipment, along with a growing number of new forestry brands.
- New equipment must still be within the standard warranty period. The ideal “enrollment window” varies by program.
- Used equipment has no existing warranty, is legally owned by your dealership, less than seven years old with less than 7,000 hours of use. Sorry, equipment in the client’s possession is not eligible for used coverage.
What is covered under a Service Protection Plan?
Each program is different. It's best to refer to the actual warranty document for specific details. You will find the included Master Parts Schedule of particular assistance. If you need a copy of the document call 1-888-952-5511 or email us.
When is an oil analysis required?
- New: oil analysis is not required to extend the warranty on New Equipment still within the standard warranty period.
- Used: most machines with under 3,000 hours logged DO NOT require oil analysis. However, if an oil analysis REPORT of all inclusive oil galleries is required please contact us for the submission details. If your service department is not setup to provide oil analysis reports you can contact an independent oil analysis provider in your area.
Can I sell service protection after the equipment is sold and delivered to the client?
- For new equipment, approved coverage can be sold after delivery but the equipment must still be within the manufacturer’s standard warranty period. Different programs have different “enrollment windows” and eligibility requirements.
- For used equipment, approved coverage must be applied at the time the equipment is re-sold by your dealership to the client.
Can a service plan be transferred?
Yes, new and used service plans may be transferred once. However, the coverage stays with the machine (it is the machine that is covered) so you do not necessarily need to complete a transfer. If your client still wishes to file an official transfer request contact us to obtain a transfer form and instructions.
Can a service plan be cancelled?
Some can be, check the actual warranty document to be sure. If so, contact us to procure a cancellation form and instructions.
» Top of page